It can be hard to come up with new and exciting recipes that aren’t too time consuming and have great flavour! Well I am here to help! I went through a phase of loving butternut squash and so thought i’d make an easy throw together dish that you could just put in the oven and doesn’t require too much hassle.
Ingredients required for 3 people:
– 3/4 of a large butternut squash
-2 red onion
-2 chicken breasts
– 2 tbsp mixed herbs
-pinch of salt and pepper
– 1tbsp chilli flakes
– 1 tbsp paprika
-200g mixed salad leafs
- Cut the butternut squash, fresh beetroot, red onion and place in a baking tray. Leave the halloumi to the side.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add the herbs, salt and pepper, make sure all is covered.
- Place it in the oven at 200/Gas mark 5 for 45 minutes, in the last 15 minutes add the halloumi.
- In a separate tray wrap the chicken in parchment paper, covering the chicken with the spices, let this cook for half an hour and let cool in the parchment paper to retain moisture.
- Once all cooked shred the chicken and mix in with the cooked vegetables and halloumi.
- To serve place mixed leaves in a serving bowl and place the cooked veg and chicken mixture on top and ENJOYYYY!
This can be done with or without chicken to suit preferences.
I hope you enjoy the dish ! 🙂 Any questions, you know where to find me!
Personal Trainer Sevenoaks,
The Better Body Group